The NAP Global Network has been working with the Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission (EFCCC) in Ethiopia since 2016 to turn their National Adaptation Plan (NAP) into action, particularly at the subnational level.
We are helping the government engage national and regional stakeholders on key issues related to the NAP process through dialogue and capacity-building processes. We are also supporting the development of strategic documents that will help guide the implementation and resource mobilization for the implementation of the NAP.
- Resource mobilization strategy (ongoing): Government actors will have a concrete strategy to secure resources for adaptation through domestic budgeting, international climate finance and the private sector.
- NAP Assembly: Received development partners’ support towards the implementation of the NAP.
- Climate change mainstreaming tools: Updated guidelines for sector, regional and district-level institutions to integrate climate change in planning and budgeting, in line with the NAP.
- Gender analysis: Informed key stakeholders on how to integrate gender considerations in the country’s NAP processes.
- Implementation roadmap: Strategies elaborated for each adaptation option and NAP priority, providing stakeholders with a clear way forward for implementing adaptation actions.
2017 – 2018
- Regional stakeholder workshops: More than 230 stakeholders introduced to the NAP, trained on adaptation and engaged in identifying regional-level priorities.
- Launch of NAP document: Increased awareness of the NAP process among government representatives, development partners and the media.
- Ethiopia Launches National Adaptation Plan Document
- Ethiopia’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Assembly: Supporting the transition to implementation
- Integrating Gender Considerations in Ethiopia’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Process
- National and Sub-national Gov’ts Collaborate to Implement Ethiopia’s NAP
- Conducting Gender Analysis to Inform National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Processes: Reflections from six African countries
- WEBINAR | International Public Finance for the NAP Process - with experience from Ethiopia