The NAP Global Network has been working with the Department of Sustainable Development and the Ministry of Education, Innovation, Gender & Sustainable Development in Saint Lucia since 2016 to ensure priority sectors build a resilience to the impacts of climate change and the NAP process is communicated among donors, the private sector and general public.
Our program supports the development of sectoral adaptation strategies and action plans (SASAPs), and investment strategies for sectors that are particularly vulnerable to climate change, including agriculture, fisheries and natural resources. We are helping build a bankable pipeline of adaptation projects for these sectors with a corresponding financing strategy.
We are also helping Saint Lucia monitor and evaluate the NAP’s progress, as well as develop strategic communications to further engage the private sector in adaptation actions and coordinate with active donors in the region.
- NAP Financing Strategy: Outlined key sources of financing to move from NAP planning to implementation.
- Private sector engagement strategy: Strategy to engage the country’s private sector in the NAP process, particular focus on agriculture, financial services, construction, and tourism.
- Sectoral adaptation plans: Adaptation strategy and action plan for critical ecosystems.
- Climate change research policy and strategy: Helping to identify and address national gaps in climate change research.
- NAP Progress Report: Measuring the impact of the NAP to date, to ensure that lessons learned can be incorporated in future NAP processes.
- NAP Donor Symposium: Presented NAP priorities to key donors operating across the Caribbean.
- NAP Assembly and launching of NAPP and SASAPs in water, agriculture & fisheries sectors.
- NAP communications strategy: Outlined how DSD can strategically engage with key audiences in supporting and participating in the NAP process.
- Sectoral adaptation plans: Finalized adaptation strategies and action plans for the agriculture and fisheries sectors.
- Video posted: Raised awareness of climate change in Saint Lucia and the NAP process.
- Climate Change website launched.
- NAP Communications training sessions: Government officers and journalists trained to effectively communicate about NAP and climate change.
- Sector consultations: Consultations with key stakeholders from the agriculture, water and fisheries sectors on their adaptation priorities.
- Caribbean NAP Assembly: Caribbean countries share plans to adapt to climate change.
- Saint Lucia’s Sectoral Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan for the Fisheries Sector (Fisheries SASAP) 2018-2028
- Saint Lucia’s Sectoral Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan for the Agriculture Sector (Agriculture SASAP) 2018-2028
- Guidelines for the Development of Sectoral Adaptation Strategies and Action Plans (SASAPs): Saint Lucia’s Experience under the National Adaptation Planning Process
- Saint Lucia’s Climate Change Communications Strategy
- Saint Lucian Media Come Out to Support Climate Change Action
- Climate Change in Saint Lucia Web Portal
- Saint Lucia’s Portfolio of Project Concept Notes for the Agriculture Sector 2018-2028
- Saint Lucia’s Portfolio of Project Concept Notes for the Water Sector 2018-2028
- Saint Lucia’s Portfolio of Project Concept Notes for the Fisheries Sector 2018-2028
- NAP Donor Symposium and Peer Learning Event
- Webinar | Advancing National Adaptation Planning: Engaging the private sector in the process
- sNAPshot | Strategic Communications for the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Process in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Makes Strides in Planning for Adaptation to Climate Change
- Video | Climate Change in Saint Lucia: The National Adaptation Plan
- National Adaptation Plans in focus: Lessons from Saint Lucia
- The Saint Lucia Climate Change Adaptation Policy, 2015
- Saint Lucia’s National Adaptation Plan 2018-2028
- Saint Lucia's Sectoral Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan for the Water Sector 2018-2028
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan under Saint Lucia’s National Adaptation Planning Process (2018)
- Saint Lucia's National Adaptation Plan Stocktaking, Climate Risk and Vulnerability Assessment Report (2018)
- Saint Lucia's National Adaptation Plan Roadmap and Capacity Development Plan 2018‐2028
- Saint Lucia Climate Change Baseline Assessment Report (2016)