The NAP Global Network has been working with the Environmental Protection Agency in Sierra Leone since 2018 to build political support for the NAP process among decision-makers at the national and subnational levels, with the goal of increasing the integration of climate change adaptation into the country’s medium- and long-term development plans. This will be done through a series of engagement workshops to be held in Freetown and around the country.
We are also helping increase public awareness of the NAP process through the development of a NAP communications strategy, including targeted communication products and training workshops for members of the national and local media, government ministries, departments and agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Radio public service announcement and video distributed: Raised awareness of Sierra Leone’s NAP process.
- NAP Communications Strategy completed: To encourage national support for the NAP process.
- NAP Framework finalized: Participatory process involving multiple stakeholders, including national and local authorities, civil society, the private sector and development partners.
- National and subnational workshops: Built political support for the NAP process.
- NAP Communications training workshop: Trained media specialists on how to report on climate change adaptation and the NAP process.